Knee Osteoarthritis is a degenerative process that affects the articular cartilage, bone and surrounding tissues of the knee joint. Aging is the most common cause, but injury and obesity can increase risk. Can lead to permanent changes to the structure of the knee including loss of alignment and stability.
What are common symptoms?
- Pain, tightness, stiffness and swelling around the knee are common symptoms
- Can cause interrupted sleep
- Worse with weight bearing which can lead to limited walking ability
- Limited mobility leads to a more sedentary lifestyle and progressive deterioration of the knee and general health, both physically and psychosocially
What are current treatments?
- There is no cure for knee OA
- knee replacement surgery is an effective treatment but usually recommended after all other treatments fail
- Pain, anti-inflammatory medications, and steroid injections can provide short-term benefit but should not be used as the sole treatment
- Conservative care combining weight loss (if necessary), education, specific exercises, and manual therapy is recommended
Why learn the Boot Camp Program for Knee OA?
- The 6-week Boot Camp Program for knee OA is a comprehensive approach based on the best available research
- Can reduce pain, flare-ups, and restore function
- Combines tailored exercises and instruction on self-management strategies and reduces fear and anxiety caused by pain
- Best results when the program is implemented by a trained practitioner, but important benefits can be achieved when performed on your own (self-directed)
Our Treatment Program
The Knee Osteoarthritis Boot Camp Program is a 6-week training program that aims to reduce pain and maximize function in the short and long term
Learn On Your Own
You can enrol in the Boot Camp Program through our online program. The program consists of educational videos, a step-by-step instructional workbook and implementation guide. But before attempting the program on your own, you should consult with your health care provider to ensure the program is right for you.
Get a Trained Practitioner
You can also receive the program through a trained practitioner
Online Knee Osteoarthritis Boot Camp Course
(Videos are not available at this time only digital instructional workbook and implementation guides)