FM is a chronic condition that gives rise to widespread pain with associated fatigue, depression and disrupted sleep. It is present in about 2-8% of the population - more common in women. It can be significantly disabling. The underlying cause is unknown but believed to be a result of dysfunctional pain pathways in the brain. FM can develop at any age, even in childhood, and there is often a family history of chronic pain.
What are common symptoms?
- Common symptoms usually include persistent dull muscle aches and pain at multiple areas of the body including neck, back, shoulders, hips, pelvis and abdomen.
- Associated symptoms include fatigue, mood disturbances including depression, disruptive sleep, memory and concentration problems and gastrointestinal dysfunction.
What are current treatments?
- There is no single effective treatment and treatment can be challenging
- Best approach combines pharmacological and nonpharmacological treatments
- Pharmacological treatment can be helpful in alleviating some symptoms but rarely provides meaningful improvements without adopting self-management strategies
- Tailored multi-modal treatment is the best approach that includes education, graduated exercise, manual and trigger point therapies, cognitive behavioural interventions, stress management, relaxation and other self-management strategies
Why learn the Boot Camp Program for Fibromyalgia?
- The 8-week Boot Camp Program for Fibromyalgia is a comprehensive approach based on the best available research
- Combines tailored exercises and instruction on self-management strategies and implements in a way to reduce fear and anxiety
- Can reduce pain, restore function and reduce flare-ups
- Best results when the program is implemented by a trained practitioner, but important benefits can be achieved when performed on your own (self-directed)
Our Treatment Program
The Boot Camp Program for Fibromyalgia is a 6-week training program aimed to reduce pain, increase function and provide self-management strategies
Learn On Your Own
Learn to implement the Boot Camp Program by enrolling in our online course. The course consists of educational videos, a step-by-step instructional workbook and implementation guide.
Find a Trained Practitioner
You can also receive the program through a trained practitioner (Find one now). Before attempting the Boot Camp Program on your own, you should consult your health care provider to ensure the program is right for you.
Online Boot Camp Course for Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia Boot Camp Program Patient Workbook
(Not Available. Currently being updated)