PLBP refers to low back pain that persists for more than 3 months. It is the most common type of back pain and the leading cause of disability in the world. PLBP has the highest health care expenditure of any other condition. It is most common among 40-80 year olds which is the fastest growing age group in most western countries. The severity of back pain and risk of disability increases with age and is associated with higher rates of depression. This condition can lead to a decrease in physical activity and significant decline in overall health.
What are current treatments?
- There is no single treatment that is superior and works for everyone.
- Surgery is rarely an option for PLBP.
- Spinal injections rarely provide long-lasting benefits.
- Medications are not considered first-line treatment for PLBP.
- The best approach for PLBP is a multi-modal conservative approach that addresses underlying physical, functional and psychosocial factors.
How can the Boot Camp Program help people with Persistent Low Back Pain?
- The 6-week Boot Camp Program for PLBP is a comprehensive best evidence approach.
- Combines manual therapy, tailored exercises and instruction on self-management strategies using a cognitive-behavioral approach.
- Includes postural training and core activation with activities of daily living.
- Goal is to restore function, reduce disability and improve quality of life.
- Program tools include the Spinemobility Bolster (for specific exercises and for pain relief) and pedometer to track physical activity.
Our Treatment Program
The Boot Camp Program for Persistent Low Back Pain is a 6-week training program aimed to significantly improve short and long term outcomes
Learn On Your Own
Learn to implement the Boot Camp Program by enrolling in our online course. The course consists of educational videos, a step-by-step instructional workbook and implementation guide.
Become a Trained Practitioner
Enroll and successfully complete a virtual or hands-on in-person certification workshop. Once completed you will be listed on our website as a trained practitioner.