FM is a chronic condition that gives rise to widespread pain with associated fatigue, depression and disrupted sleep. It is present in about 2-8% of the population - more common in women. It can be significantly disabling. The underlying cause is unknown but believed to be a result of dysfunctional pain pathways in the brain. FM can develop at any age, even in childhood, and there is often a family history of chronic pain.
What are common symptoms?
- Persistent, dull muscle aches and pain at multiple areas of the body including neck, back, shoulders, hips, pelvis and abdomen
- Associated symptoms include fatigue, mood disturbances including depression, disrupted sleep, memory and concentration problems and gastrointestinal dysfunction
What are current treatments?
- There is no single effective treatment
- Best approach combines pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments
- Pharmacological treatment can be helpful in alleviating some symptoms but rarely provides meaningful improvements without adopting self-management strategies
- Non-pharmacological treatment involves a tailored multi-modal approach that includes education, graduated exercise, manual and trigger point therapies, cognitive-behavioural interventions, stress management, relaxation, and other self-management strategies
Why learn the Boot Camp Program for Fibromyalgia?
- Improve outcomes using a comprehensive best evidence approach
- Step-by-step and visit-by-visit instruction on how to implement the 8-week program
- Specific manual therapy techniques, exercises and self-management strategies
- A cognitive-behavioural approach to change behaviours, attitudes and beliefs, and mitigate negative expectations
Our Treatment Program
The Boot Camp Program for Fibromyalgia is a 6-week training program aimed to reduce pain, increase function and provide self-management strategies
Learn On Your Own
Learn to implement the Boot Camp Program by enrolling in our online course. The course consists of educational videos, a step-by-step instructional workbook and implementation guide.
Become a Trained Practitioner
Enroll and successfully complete a virtual or hands-on in-person certification workshop. Once completed you will be listed on our website as a trained practitioner.
Online Practitioner Boot Camp Course for Fibromyalgia
(Videos are not available at this time only digital instructional workbook and implementation guides)